Friday, April 4, 2008

Harvest Moon: How Am I Supposed to Play This?

Harvest Moon

Just downloaded a new Virtual Console game for my Wii after reading some surprisngly glowing reviews. Harevest Moon is a game about... wait for it... farming! *crickets chirp in background* Yeah, I know. Doesn't sound too terribly exciting, and to be perfectly honest, the game is throwing too many crazy ideas at me.

I have no idea how to feed my livestock! I have no idea how to plow the fields! I have no idea how to plant onions! There's barely a tutorial! They just kind of throw you in the game and expect for you to fend for yourself. Who do they think I am, some sort of miracle worker? I cannot magically press my A button and have seeds turn to carrots without a great wealth of information and practice. But nooooooo, this game thinks differently. They throw you into a town, you get a tiny bit of advice from the villagers, and that is about it.

To top it all off, some random little girl forces you to adopt her dog since her parents won't allow her to keep the mutt. Why should I have to take care of it? The game didn't even give me any choice!

I do like the idea of a farming simulation, so maybe after a few hours I'll have all the mechanics down and I'll actually be enjoying myself.

Harvest Moon



P.S. Just bought the 2-Disc Special Edition of Sweeney Todd. Lots of bonus matierals to watch! Yipee!

2 comments:

The Random One said...

Yay for bonus material.

Ughhh video game that you can't figure out. :|

Anime Onnanoko said...

I LOVE Harvest moon! I have 'More firends of mioniral town' for GBA (I have a Nintendo DS now though)...haha you're actually going to have to dig (with the controller?)