Tuesday, April 1, 2008

100 Things About Me (Part 1)

This is the first part in a series of entries about myself. I'm actually gonna try and pick out some interesting points, rather then just pulling stuff out at random. So here's the first part in an epic series... prepare yourself, young grasshopper.

1) I believe I'm generally a good person, although as of lately I truly believe I haven't been living up to my full potential. It can be dissapointing at times, but I'm always happy about myself and my life, so it's no biggie. Just something to work on.

2) My fascination with Japanese cartoons has really become a part of my identity alot like Stargate SG-1 was a few years ago (still is now, but not as much so). So I'd like to set the record straight. Most of the animes I've seen are awful. One out of every five are actually worth watching.

3) My motto is: "It is not who I am, but what I do that defines me" (from Batman Begins).

4) A motivational thought that I like to think when I'm down is: "Why do we fall down? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up." (also from Batman Begins... amazing movie)

5) I love my story ideas, I just never seem to get them down on paper. When I do write them, they don't do the vision in my head any justice. Poor Carin... I still don't know what to do with her story.

6) I love musicals, but not when they're performed on the stage. Film musicals all the way!

7) Konota Izumi is my god:

Konata
When a fan-boy admits that he likes a chibi better then a traditonally drawn anime character... he begins to approach the light of truth.

8) I wanted to be an actor at one point, but have lost interest over the last several months. I would much rather create my own stories, rather then act out someone else's.

9) I've been thinking about getting into filmmaking, but I'm really begginning to question whether that's something I really want to do. It's amazingly time-consuming, and I seem to be the kind of guy who greatly enjoys his freetime. *shrugs* Maybe things will change as I get older.

10) The only time I seem to pray is when I feel guility or I'm lonely. When I'm in a great mood, I don't seem to pray at all. ... Weird. This is of course not mentioning the sort of strange awkwardness that happens when I try to fumble around the idea of what exactly I'm praying to. *shakes head* Sorry, Konota. You just aren't prayer worthy.

11) I've soon discovered that while I'm fascinated by it, religion just depresses me. Because no matter where you go, no one seems to have the same kind of outlook as I do. That religion is a beautiful thing, and everyone should just believe what they want. Instead, there's the athesits who like to bash those who believe, then there's the organized religions who like to spread their propaganda to those who don't believe and are perfectly happy not believing.

I find it very sad that some individuals get suckered into joining a religion jsut because they're fearful. That's all I seem to be seeing right now... are people being drawn in from fear of the unknown. We all want answers. Many of us are just willing to jump on whatever train comes chugging by without even giving it much thought. BAM! The new generation of Christians are born!

And in the process of talking about religion, I myself start bashing (as you can see above). It's a topic I love to think about, until I start talking about it with other people (which I do alot). I've yet to really encounter anyone, save a fare few, that shares my same kind of outlook. How can you say that a great man is going to hell just because he doesn't worship the God that you hold dear? Isn't that wrong?

*sighs* Need... to... stop... typing.

12) I own lots of manga! xxxHolic is cool, thus far.

13) This movie is amazing. I've never seen it all the way through, but every clip I've seen is absouletely brilliant.


Feed me!

...To be continued (someday)

1 comment: